9 Mar 2017

Is it safe to buy 'Fake Makeup' from overseas?

This is a question that I'm sure you have asked yourself when
comparing the price difference between the real and 'fake'
makeup that will come up on online shops such as Ebay.
Suddenly, an eyeshadow palette that would normally cost
around $80 AUD ($50 USD) can be compared to a fake
eyeshadow palette that seems to look the same or close 

for around $6-$12 AUD ($3-$8 USD)


We assume that the formulas and colours will be close and 
that actual effort would be put into making these safe for 
us to use. While you may find the occasional decent product,
the truth is there is no quality control for where these products
are manufactured and/or packaged.


According to other blogs/news sites (such as Dailymail.com.uk
& Mashable.com) these products allegedly can contain anything
from traces of rat feces to household 
cleaning products. Some
can even be tainted my cyanide. 
Needless to say the so-called
'quality' is a big question mark, 
and you are taking a gamble on
your health by using them.


Over this last year I have tried many different products that 
have come from places like China (the world capital for fakes),
Malaysia,
Philippines and Singapore. For me, it is absolutely
worth the 'peace-of-mind' to pay the 
full amount for an authentic
product. I want to be able to trust 
what I am putting on my body
thoroughly tested as well as safe 
to use. 


Not only is it important that it be tested, but not tested 
on any
helpless animals! This is a practice that really needs to 
be 
eliminated from the cosmetic industry, and hopefully worldwide 
one day. 


Thank you for reading my blog, and I hope this post helps you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment